Xiaomi Mi A1 is the very first android one device which got the official TWRP support. Follow, this simple guide to install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Mi A1.
MI A1 is the first Xiaomi’s device which is powered by Google. The device has dual-camera with 625 snapdragon octa-core processor and 4GB RAM + 64GB Storage. Mi A1 comes with 5.5″ display, 3080mAh battery, and a hybrid slot. It also supports Type-C charger which enhances the device charging and data transfer speed. As all we know, the device is powered by Google, so it is based on pure stock android. This allows Android fanatics to do experiments easily.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Guide To Install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Mi A1
The guide is divided into two parts: one about installing TWRP and another about rooting. But, before you proceed to the instructions, make sure to read out the prerequisites below.
- Backup your files which are important, because this process will completely wipe your data.
- Charge your Mi A1 at least 40% of battery level.
- The bootloader is needed to be unlocked. You can take a look at the guide on how to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Make sure to install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Also, install ADB and Fastboot tools.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi A1
- First of all, download latest TWRP for Xiaomi Mi A1 using the link above.
- Once downloaded, move it to the C:\adb folder.
- Boot Xiaomi Mi A1 into fastboot mode. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Power OFF > Press and hold the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Now, launch CMD by through ADB. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Navigate to the C:\adb folder.
- Hold SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside anywhere in the folder.
- From the options, select “Open PowerShell window here“.
- Run the below command to make sure that your device is being properly detected by the PC:
- Now, you will see your device ID and ‘fastboot’ message. If not, make sure that you have installed USB drivers and plugged USB properly.
- Now, execute the following command to install TWRP on your xiaomi device:
fastboot boot recovery-3.2.1-1.img
- Once you have executed the above command, your Xiaomi Mi A1 will start booting into TWRP recovery mode.
- Select “Install” from the TWRP home screen and browse the file that you transferred in the step-3.
- Confirm the flashing process by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed, Hit “Reboot System” button.
Now, you have successfully been able to install TWRP on Xiaomi devices. Now, you can proceed towards the instructions to Root Xiaomi Mi A1 using Magisk.
Steps To Root Xiaomi Mi A1 Using Magisk
- Download ‘Magisk-v15.3.zip’ file from the downloads section above.
- Once downloaded, move it to an easily accessible location on your device storage.
- Power OFF your Mi A1 and boot into TWRP recovery Mode by holding Volume Up + Power button simultaneously.
- From the TWRP home screen, select “Install” option.
- Now, browse and select the ‘Magisk-v15.3.zip’ file.
- Swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button to root Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Finally, hit “reboot system“.
That’s all. You successfully have been able to root Xiaomi Mi A1. Now, you a superuser and can enjoy whatever you were wondering.
In case, if you have any problem or issue regarding this guide, you can leave us a comment below.