Here’s a guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi Note 5 Pro using Magisk. So, take a look at the article right now.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi Note 5 Pro (Magisk)
Firstly, I am very thankful to the XDA member – Shahan_mik3 for developing TWRP for Redmi Note 5 Pro. Please note that this TWRP is unofficial but supports all the features.
So, head over the downloads section to get it right away.
- Take a Backup of your important data because this process may completely wipe your Xiaomi device.
- You must have to Unlock Bootloader of your Xiaomi device.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Install ADB and Fastboot Tools on your PC.
- Make sure that have installed latest Xiaomi USB drivers on your PC.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Follow the simple steps below to install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Download the latest TWRP Recovery from above.
- Once downloaded, rename the file as ‘rn5protwrp.img’.
- Once done, transfer the file to C:\adb.
- Now, hold the shift key and right-click anywhere on the empty space in the ADB folder.
- From the options, select “open PowerShell window here“.
- Power OFF your Xiaomi device and boot into Fastboot mode by holding Volume Down and Power button simultaneously.
- Once your phone enters into Fastboot mode, connect it to the PC using the USB cable.
- To check the device is properly connected to the PC, run the following command:
- Execute the below command to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro:
fastboot flash recovery rn5protwrp.img
- Once done, reboot your Xiaomi device using the command below:
Steps to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro Using Magisk
- Firstly, download Magisk zip using the link above.
- Once downloaded, move it to an easily accessible location on your phone.
- Power OFF your Xiaomi phone and boot into recovery mode using the unique combination of buttons.
- (Optional) Or you can run the below ADB command to boot your device into TWRP Recovery Mode:
adb reboot recovery
- Once you enter into TWRP Recovery Mode, Tap on “Install” from TWRP home screen.
- Now, browse and select the zip file (Magisk-v16.0.zip).
- Swipe the “swipe to confirm flash button” to flash Magisk on Redmi note 5 Pro.
- Once the flashing process is done, tap “Reboot System” button.
Enjoy! Now, you have successfully been able to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro Using Magisk. Once you have rooted, you can install Magisk manager from Google Play Store.
If you have any problem or issue in installing TWRP and Rooting Redmi Note 5 Pro, feel free to drop us a comment below.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: