Finally, the all-new Xiaomi’s Android One powered latest flagship device, Mi A3, is out in the market. If you are the one who has got the hands-on this amazing device and looking for a detailed guide on how to root Xiaomi Mi A3, then keep going through this article till the end. Because this article is going to cover all the major parts that you just need to to go through in order to attain root privileges over this device. So, let’s get started.
Xiaomi has finally launched its all-new most-awaited Android one powered device. As always expected, the phone is being sold at a very decent price with amazing specifications. If we go a little deeper into the specs then we will get know that the device is running on the latest Android version which is pie with powerful snapdragon 665 processor packed with 4 GB and 6 GB RAM. Other important specs include the triple camera setup, Super AMOLED display, and fast charging support, etc.
So, above was all about the Mi A2 Specifications and features. Now, let’s get back to the soul purpose of this guide which is rooting.
How To Root Xiaomi Mi A3 (Magisk) – Guide
The guide further consists of the official methods and tips to root Xiaomi Mi A3. The method is fully working and tested. After that, it is being presented up to you. Just make sure that you are following each and every step as mentioned in the guide.
The guide is divided into three important sections – Prerequisites, Downloads, and the steps to root Mi A3. You need to go through each of these sections. So, let’s start one by one.
Rooting the device, flashing ZIPs, unlocking the bootloader and any type of system modifications terminates manufacturer warranty of your Xiaomi smartphone. So, please perform such actions at your own risk. However, relocking bootloader and unrooting the device is possible. But, in some cases the phone stucks in the boot mode. So, we don’t take any responsibility if any such things happen.
Prerequisites & Downloads
The points listed out below are mandatory to be fulfilled. So, make sure to do a cross-check before getting into the steps further.
- If your Mi A3 has important data, then make sure to migrate it to somewhere else. Because this process may completely wipe your Xiaomi device.
- To avoid battery-related issues, charge your Mi A3 to a healthy battery level.
- In order to root Xiaomi Mi A3, the bootloader must be unlocked. You can check out our guide on How to Unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A3.
- The guide will require you to push ADB commands. So, your PC must have installed the ADB & Fastboot tools.
- For the proper establishment of your Xiaomi device to the PC, make sure to install the Xiaomi USB Driver.
- At last, enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlocking while connecting the device to the PC through USB Cable.
- Downloads for Mi A3:
Patch Stock boot.img file using Magisk Manager
Make sure that you have successfully unlocked Mi A3 Bootloader. If you haven’t yet, then please do it first and then perform further steps.
- Download the stock boot.img file from the section above and move it to the internal storage of your Xiaomi device.
- Now, download the Magisk Manager Apk and install it on your Mi A3.
- Open it once installed successfully.
- On the very first screen that you see, tap on the ‘INSTALL‘.
- Again tap on ‘INSTALL‘ and then select ‘Select and Patch a File’ option as the method.
- Now, navigate to the location on your device where you moved the downloaded boot.img file earlier.
- Once you found that file, hit on it to select.
- The patching of the boot.img file should now be started. Once done, you can locate the patched boot.img file under Internal Storage > Downloads > magisk_patched.img.
You have successfully patched the boot image file for your Xiaomi Mi A3. Now, you can move over to the steps to Root Xiaomi Mi A3 using Magisk.
Install Patched boot.img File and Root Xiaomi Mi A3
- Move the magisk_patched.img file from your Xiaomi device to the ADB Folder on your desktop.
- Right, Click anywhere on an empty space inside the ADB Folder while holding the SHIFT Key and select ‘Open PowerShell Window Here’ from the options.
- Boot the Xiaomi Mi A3 into the Bootloader or Fastboot mode by pushing the below command into the PowerShell window:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you have entered into the bootloader mode, type and enter the below command to flash the boot.img file and Root Xiaomi MI A3 using Magisk.
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Finally, execute the below command to reboot the Xiaomi device into the OS:
So, this was our step-by-step shoot on How to Root Xiaomi MI A3 using magisk by patching the boot.img file. To verify the root status, you can download and install the Root Checker App from the play store.