With the help of this guide, you would get to know how to Root Xiaomi Mi 8. Just go through this whole article in sequence to successfully your device with magisk through TWRP Recovery.
Xiaomi has launched this smartphone in May 2018. If we talk about the specifications of this device then it is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa-core processor and comes up with 6/8GB RAM and different internal memory option like 64/128/256GB.
Xiaomi Mi 8 has a screen display of 6.3 inches long with a 1090*1920 screen resolution. The device has a dual camera of the 12+12MP and front camera of 20MP. Various in-built features are also available like face recognition and Fingerprint sensor. Now’ let’s talk about the Rooting process.
Guide To Root Xiaomi Mi 8 (Magisk) Using TWRP Recovery
Rooting the device, flashing ZIPs, unlocking the bootloader and any type of system modifications terminates manufacturer warranty of your Xiaomi smartphone. So, please perform such actions at your own risk. However, relocking bootloader and unrooting the device is possible. But, in some cases the phone stucks in the boot mode. So, we don’t take any responsibility if any such things happen.
Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 8
The very first step you have to take is to unlock the bootloader of your device before proceeding further. Without unlocking the bootloader you wouldn’t able to root Xiaomi Mi 8.
Kindly, check out the guide to do so – How to Unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 8.
Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8
After unlocking the bootloader of your device the next step you have to take is to install the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8. Without installing the TWRP Recovery you wouldn’t be eligible to flash Magisk Zip and root Mi 8.
Check out out the guide here to do so – How To Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi 8 (Magisk) Using TWRP Recovery
Note – Make sure your device has a sufficient battery before going into the rooting process so you won’t face any problem and the second thing I will suggest you take back-up of your device data because it can be wiped out while rooting process.
So I have mentioned below all the instructions that you have to follow in sequence to successfully Root Xiaomi Mi 8 with Magisk.
- Download the Magisk ZIP Installer File.
- Now, move the downloaded file on any folder of your device where you can easily approach it later.
- Shut down your device properly.
- In the next step press the “Volume down+power button” together to boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- As you have entered into the TWRP mode click on the “install” section and then search for the Magisk Zip file that you have downloaded and transferred in step-2.
- Now, you will see “Swipe to confirm flash” button on your screen, just swipe it to flash Magisk ZIP Installer file on Xiaomi Mi 8 device.
- Wait until the flashing process comes to an end. After completion of the process tap on “Reboot System” button.
So finally, now you are able to root Xiaomi Mi 8 with the help of instructions mention above. If you face any problem regarding the rooting process just drop a comment below.