If you want to unlock all the hidden powers of your xiaomi redmi note 4, then get ready. Because in this guide we will let you know how to install TWRP recovery and Root Redmi Note 4 easily.
One of the most affordable and fully features packed Xiaomi’s device – the redmi Note 4 has finally received official TWRP recovery support for its model named “Mido” powered by Snapdragon. But don’t worry if you are using Redmi Note 4 (MTK) nikel, because the developer has also developed unofficial TWRP for Redmi Note 4. So, in order to root Redmi Note 4, firstly you are required to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi note 4. So, head over the guide below.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi Note 4
This guide is for educational and testing purposes only. Unlocking Bootloader, installing TWRP, flashing Custom ROMs, and Rooting your device will completely void your device’s manufacturer warranty. These processes can also damage your device. So, we doesn’t hold any responsibility regarding your device. Do at your own risk. Yeah, we can assist you in case if anything goes wrong.
- Installing TWRP Recovery and Rooting your Xiaomi device will completely wipe your data. So, take a backup of your important data.
- Before you begin, charge your RN4 battery up to 40-60%.
- Rooting your device requires bootloader to be unlocked. So, unlock redmi note 4 bootloader first.
- Make sure to enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging mode on your phone.
- Make sure you have latest Xiaomi USB drivers on your PC.
- Also, install ADB and Fastboot Tools on your PC.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi Note 4
- First, download supported TWRP Recovery image for your device using the link above.
- Once downloaded, transfer the image file to C:\adb folder.
- Hold down the SHIFT key and right-click anywhere on an empty space in the ADB folder.
- From the options, select ‘open PowerShell window here’.
- Boot your redmi note 4 into fastboot mode.
- Power OFF.
- Press and Hold volume down + power button until the device starts booting.
- Connect RN4 to your PC using USB the cable.
- Now, execute the below command to install TWRP on redmi note 4 :
fastboot flash recovery [TWRP_img_File_Name]
- That’s it. Do not restart your device yet. Because it will replace TWRP Recovery with stock recovery.
So, using the steps above you can install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4 easily. Once you have successfully installed TWRP, head over to the instructions to root redmi Note 4.
Steps To Root Redmi Note 4 Using Magisk
Make sure that you have installed latest TWRP recovery on your Redmi Note 4. If yes, you can proceed with the instructions below.
- Boot RN4 into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Power OFF device completely.
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Power button simultaneously for a couple of seconds.
- Once the device starts booting into TWRP, release the keys.
- Once the device enters into TWRP Recovery mode, go to Wipe > Format Data and enter ‘yes‘ to start the formatting process.
- Once successfully formatted, reboot recovery. To do so, follow the below instructions:
- Go back to TWRP home screen.
- Tap on ‘reboot‘.
- Finally, Tap on ‘recovery‘.
- Now, go to TWRP > Mount.
- Connect your RN4 to the PC using the USB cable and hit the ‘Enable MTP’ button.
- Download SuperSU/Magisk flashable zip file using the links above on your computer and transfer it your phone’s internal storage.
- Now, you can disconnect your RN4.
- Go back to TWRP home screen, tap ‘install’.
- Browse and select Magisk flashable zip file.
- Swipe the button at the bottom of the screen to flash Magisk zip.
- Once the zip file is flashed, hit ‘Reboot system’ button to restart your RN4.
That’s it. Now, you have successfully been able to root redmi note 4 using Magisk / SuperSU. You can now uninstall pre-installed apps, run non-compatible apps and so many more other things.
In case, if you are facing any problem or issue while installing and rooting redmi note 4, feel free to drop us a comment below.