Do you want to root redmi Note 3? Then, this guide will help you to do so. Go through this article to know How to root redmi note 3 and Install TWRP Recovery right now.
GUIDE TO ROOT REDMI NOTE 3 AND INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY
Redmi Note 3 is one of the best smartphone yet launched by Xiaomi. The device comes with the 5.5 inches of display, 16 MP Rear and 5 MP front, and 4050 mAh, etc. When it comes to speed and performance, then the device is packed with 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 hexa-core 64-bit processor with ARM Cotex-A72 lead cores, 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal memory, etc.
Now, let’s move forward staright to the topic below.
Below are some of the points listed that are needed to be followed in order to go through the guide.
- Rooting the Android may sometimes result in data loss. So, we recommend taking a full backup of your important data before getting in the process.
- We do highly recommend you to charge your Redmi note 3 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns.
- Ensure that you have installed latest Redmi Note 3 USB Driver.
- In order to root redmi note 3, you must have to unlock the bootloader on your redmi note 3.
- Also, make sure to install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock in the Android settings.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON REDMI NOTE 3
In order to flash magisk and root Redmi Note 3, you first need to have a custom recovery installed on your Xiaomi device. Follow the steps below to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3:
- Download the TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 4 .img file and move it to the ADB folder on your desktop.
- Then, open the Powershell window inside the ADB folder.
- Now, connect your Xiaomi phone to the computer using the USB Cable.
- Run the below ADB command to check whether the device is connected to the PC or not: fastboot devices
- If the above command returns the device ID as the output, then it means everything is going fine.
- Now, run the below command in the PowerShell window to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- The above command will temporarily install TWRP Recovery on your phone. So, boot the device into the TWRP Recovery mode to flash the Magisk root ZIP file. To do so, run the below command:
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Now, the device should boot into the TWRP Recovery Mode.
Done. You have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on your Redmi Note 3. In case, if you want to permanently replace the default recovery with the TWRP, then go to ‘Install’ and flash the TWRP ZIP for Redmi note 3. Otherwise, with the rooting purpose only, proceed with the instructions below.
HOW TO ROOT REDMI NOTE 3 USING MAGISK
Once you have installed the TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3, you can flash Magisk to root Redmi Note 3 easily.
- Firstly, download the Magisk ZIP File and transfer it to the device.
- Now, boot the phone into TWRP Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power button altogether.
- Once you are in, perform the basic configurations in the TWRP.
- Then, Go to ‘Install’ and browse the Magisk ZIP file that you transferred in Step-1.
- Finally, select it and swipe the ‘swipe to confirm flash‘ button to root Redmi Note 3 with Magisk root solution.
- At last, hit the ‘Reboot system‘ button to reboot the device.
That’s it. Now, you’ve successfully been able to root Redmi Note 3 using Magisk and TWRP Recovery. You can use any free Root checker app to confirm the root.
In case, if you’ve been stuck somewhere between the steps, feel free to drop us a comment below.