Are you trying to find a solution for rooting OnePlus X? If yes, then you are at the right place because this whole guide is about the tutorial on how to Root OnePlus X using Magisk. So just go through this article until the last word of it.
OnePlus X is quite popular among the customers because of the number of features that they are offering at such a reasonable price. This device comes up with an operating system Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) and powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Processor. It includes 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage which is easily expandable up to 128 GB through a microSD card.
When it comes to the screen, then this device has 5 inches long touch-screen display with a screen resolution of 1080*1920 pixels. If we talk about the camera option then the device has 13 MP of rear camera and 8 MP of the front camera and not only that device has also included in-built features. Now let’s talk about the main section of this article.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Guide To Root OnePlus X (Onyx) Using Magisk
Rooting the device, flashing ZIPs, unlocking the bootloader and any type of system modifications terminates manufacturer warranty of your OnePlus smartphone. So, please perform such actions at your own risk. However, relocking bootloader and unrooting the device is possible. But, in some cases the phone stucks in the boot mode. So, we don’t take any responsibility if any such things happen.
Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus X
Before going into the rooting process it necessary to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus X. Without unlocking you wouldn’t be able to root your device.
To do so, check out our article on – How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus X
Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X
Installation of TWRP Recovery is a mandatory step that you have to take in order to flash Magisk and root OnePlus X. Without installing it you wouldn’t be able to root the device with Magisk. You would also get various benefits after installing TWRP Recovery like Flashing of ZIPs, ROMs, files, etc.
Check out our detailed guide on – How To Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X
Steps to Root OnePlus X Using Magisk through TWRP Recovery
Note – Make sure you have charged your device at a good battery level around 60-70% to avoid any sudden shut-down and second thing is that your device data can be wiped out while rooting process so it’s better to take a back-up of it.
So I have mentioned below all the necessary steps that you have to take to successfully root OnePlus X using magisk and TWRP Recovery.
- Download the Magisk Installer ZIP.
- After downloading the above file move it to any folder of your device where you can easily approach it later.
- Shut-down your device properly and boot it into TWRP Recovery mode by pressing and holding the “Volume +power button” altogether.
- As you have entered into the TWRP Menu, you will see “Install”, just click on it and search for the file that you have moved in step-2.
- After executing all the above steps your screen will flash with “swipe to confirm flash” button, just swipe it to flash Magisk Installer ZIP and Root OnePlus X.
- Now you have to wait until the process ends. After completion of the flashing process tap on the “Reboot System” button.
So these were the steps that you have to take to Root OnePlus X via Magisk Using TWRP Recovery. If in case you face any kind of trouble during the process just let us know by writing down a comment below.