In this post, you will get to learn how to root OnePlus 7. To do so, your device must need to have an unlocked bootloader and TWRP installed. For detailed instructions, kindly go through the guide below.
OnePlus 7 is one of the finest device ever launched by OnePlus. It has quite good number of specifications which includes snapdragon 855, 48 MP rear camera, on-display fingerprint along with gorilla glass 5. Overall, the device is powered by one of the best and high performance hardwares.
So, moving back to the topic. If you want to root oneplus 7, then you need to follow this article carefully. And once the device is rooted, you will be able to perform all such operations and actions which can only be performed on a rooted device.
How To Root OnePlus 7 – Guide
The process of rooting oneplus 7 requires unlocked bootloader and the latest TWRP installation on the Android device.
Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 7
This is the very first and foremost step that you need to take for further rooting your OnePlus device.
To Unlock bootloader of OnePlus 7, you need to connect your device to the PC, then you will have to push some ADB Commands. For the complete tutorial, navigate to the link here.
Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7
TWRP is a custom Android recovery developed by TEAM Win. It allows you to do a couple of great tasks just on your fingertips. The great part about this custom recovery is that it is touch-based recovery which makes things easier.
You can follow the tutorial here to install the twrp: Installation Guide
Above are the unofficial TWRP img files for your OnePlus 7.
- Take a complete backup of your device.
- charge the device to a sufficient battery level.
- Download Magisk 20.4 (Latest ZIP) and move it to the internal storage of your device.
Instructions to Root OnePlus 7
Assuming that you have unlocked the bootloader and have also installed the TWRP recovery on your device. Let’s move further.
- Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode. You can use advance boot features to do so.
- Now, allow system modifications by swiping the button.
- Go to ‘Install’ Tab, browse magisk flashable zip file.
- Now, swipe the below button to flash the zip and root oneplus 7.
- Once the file is flashed, hit the reboot system button on the screen.
That’s it. You just have been able to root oneplus 7 using magisk. In case, if you have any doubt regarding this process, you can leave a comment below.