In this guide, you will get to know everything on How to Root Moto Z2 Play using Magisk and Install TWRP Recovery. So, go through the article for more detailed and step-by-step instructions.
Moto Z2 Play was launched by Motorola back in June 2017. The device comes with 5.5 inches of Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Android Nougat (Upgradable to Android Oreo), 3GB and 4GB RAM Variant, and Qualcomm MSM8953-Pro Snapdragon 626, etc. When it comes to GPU, then it is powered by Adreno 506.
Now, let’s move over the guide.
How To Root Mto Z2 Play and Install TWRP Recovery
In order to root Moto Z2 Play, you will first need to flash Magisk Flashable ZIP using TWRP Recovery. So, let’s firstly install TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play.
But wait! before you head over to the instructions, make sure to fulfill the key-points given in the prerequisites.
- A complete backup of your important data is one of the most essential and must have a step that you should take before digging into any process that can cause data loss.
- Sometimes due to the sudden hiccups, the phone gets shut down while performing any task. Which later results as a bricked device. So, always charge your phone to a good battery level.
- Make sure to Unlock bootloader of your Moto Z2 Play.
- Also, install ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC.
- In the Android settings, enable USB Debugging Mode.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery On Moto Z2 Play
So, below are the step-by-step instructions to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play. Follow the steps carefully:
- Very firstly, grab the TWRP .img file from the downloads section above.
- Once downloaded, transfer the .img file to the ADB Folder on your PC.
- Now, connect your phone to the desktop using the USB Cable.
- Then, open PowerShell window inside the ADB Folder and enter the below command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the device has been entered into the fastboot or bootloader mode, run the below command to install TWRP on Moto Z2 Play:
fastboot flash recovery twrp_3.2.1-0_albus.img
- Now, wait until the flashing process finishes.
- Done. Now, you have successfully been able to install TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play. You are now able to flash magisk zip file which will allow you to attain superuser power on your device. Now, you can move over to the instructions to root Moto Z2 Play.
Steps to Root Moto Z2 Using Magisk
So, below are the steps to root Moto Z2 Play with Magisk. Follow them carefully:
- Download Magisk flashable ZIP file and Transfer it to an easily accessible location on your Motorola device,
- Once done with the above step, connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable again.
- And run the below command in the PowerShell window of ADB Folder:
adb reboot recovery
- Now, the device will boot into the TWRP Recovery mode. Then, go to the ‘Install‘ tab.
- Browse the ZIP magisk file that you transferred in the Step-1.
- Once selected, swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm flash‘ button at the bottom of the screen to root Moto Z2 Play using Magisk.
- Now, wait until the ZIP file is getting flashed. Once done, hit the ‘Reboot System’ button.
That’s it. Now you’ve successfully been able to root Moto Z2 Play with Magisk. In case, if you’re facing any problem or issue while getting into the process, feel free to drop us a comment below.