In this guide, we will show you How to root Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus on Android Oreo and Install TWRP Recovery right now.
Guide To Root Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus and Install TWRP Recovery
This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Please do not try the downloads of this guide with any other model or phone. Please follow the guide carefully. Any mistake may brick your phone into boot mode. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are one of the best selling Android smartphones of Samsung Electronics. Galaxy S8 comes with the variant of 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB internal storage, 12 MP Rear and 8 MP of Front Camera, and 5.8 inch of Quad HD+ Display, etc.
Before heading over the instructions, make sure to fulfill the requirements stated below:
- Always take a complete backup of your important data. Because this process will completely wipe your phone.
- Make sure to charge your device to a sufficient battery level to avoid sudden hiccups during the flashing process.
- Enable Developer Options and OEM Unlock in the Android Settings.
- Install Latest Samsung USB Drivers.
Below are some of the necessary downloads that will be needed for the rooting process. So, make sure to grab all of the below:
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
Let’s take a look to the steps to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus:
- First of all, download TWRP Recovery for your device using the link provided above.
- Once downloaded, transfer the .img file to C:\adb folder on your desktop.
- Hold the SHIFT key and right-click anywhere on an empty space inside the ADB folder.
- From the options menu, select ‘open PowerShell window here’.
- Boot your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus into the fastboot mode.
- Power OFF.
- Press and Hold volume down + power button until the device starts booting.
- Connect S8 and S8 Plus to your PC using USB the cable and Run Prince Comsy Odin Flash tool.
- In the Prince Comsy Tool screen, click on ‘AP‘ and select the TWRP Recovery.
- Hit ‘Start‘ button to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
- When TWRP is installed, you will get a PASS! message.
- Now, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery by pressing and holding the VOLUME UP, BIXBY KEY, and POWER BUTTON.
- Once you enter into TWRP home screen, go to ‘Wipe‘ > ‘Format Data‘. Finally, type and enter ‘Yes‘ to confirm the process.
- Finally, go back and tap on ‘Reboot System‘ button.
Steps To Root Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Firstly download Magisk zip and transfer it to the phone’s storage where you can later navigate it easily.
- Boot your phone into TWRP Recovery mode.
- On the TWRP home screen, Tap on ‘Install‘ and browse the Magisk Zip file that you transferred in the first step.
- Finally, swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm flash‘ button to root Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
- Once done, tap on ‘Reboot System’ to reboot the device’s OS.
Now, you have just been able to root Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus using TWRP Recovery. Now, you can do most of the superuser things.
In case, if you have any problem or query regarding the rooting process, then feel free to drop us a comment below.