Mi Unlock: Do you want to Root, Flash ROMs and recoveries, and own the device truly ? then the device’s bootloader is required to be unlocked. To do so, follow this simple guide on how to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi devices easily.
Xiaomi is expanding its reach to the people globally by launching nice Android devices in such a low price range. With the great quality of devices, they are also serious about users privacy and security. That’s why Xiaomi devices come with the locked bootloader. The manufacturers lock the device’s bootloader in order to protect the device from being vulnerable. So, in this article, you will get to know everything about Bootloader and how to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi devices. Without wasting more time, go through the article now.
Guide To Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Devices – Mi Unlock
Android is one of the most popular mobile OS and as well as the most vulnerable. OEMs including Xiaomi have started to manufacture Android devices with locked Bootloader. But, in case, if you have a valid reason, you can easily Unlock the Bootloader using the official method provided by the manufacturer.
In simple words, locked Bootloader means you are not allowed to write system files or do anything that may bring changes to the OEM. In order to do so, your device must have unlocked the bootloader.
The process of unlocking bootloader on Xiaomi Android devices is quite unique and time-consuming. Literally, you will have to request for unlocking permission from Xiaomi and for that you must have a valid reason.
So, we have divided the guide into two major parts – the first one demonstrates you how to request for unlocking bootloader permission and the second one guides you how to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Devices using Mi Flash Unlock tool, once you got the permission from Mi.
Part-1: Request For Unlocking Bootloader Permission
Before you head over to the request for the permission, make sure that you have a solid reason. If not, then be prepared.
- Go to Unlock Request Page from your computer.
- Click on the “Unlock Now” button on the webpage.
- Now, you will be asked to log in with your Mi account. In case, if you don’t have an account, you can head over to create a new one.
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to see a form that is needed to be filled up with all the necessary details. So, fill out the details and recheck them before submitting.
- Once you have done, tick the disclaimer checkbox and hit the “Apply Now” button.
- Now, you will receive a confirmation code on your mobile number, the one which you used while creating Mi account.
Done. Now, you need to wait until the request for unlocking bootloader gets approved. This process usually takes around a week. Once the request gets approved, you will receive a message on your mobile number containing a link to download Mi flash tool. Now, you can head over the instructions to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi devices.
There are some key points that must be noted and followed before proceeding to the instructions.
- This process may completely wipe your device. So, take a backup of your important data.
- Charge your Xiaomi device to a battery level of at least 40% to avoid any sudden hiccups during the process.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging mode and OEM unlocking on your Xiaomi android phone.
Part-2: Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Devices Using Mi Flash Unlock Tool
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool using the link provided by Mi.
- Once downloaded, double click on “MiFlashUnlock.exe” to start the installation process.
- You will be prompted to accept the disclaimer, just hit the “I agree” button.
- Now, log in with your Mi account in the Mi Flash tool window. (This must be the same account that you used while requesting permission)
- Now, Turn OFF your device and boot into Fastboot mode by holding the unique combination of buttons.
- Plug the device to the computer via USB cable.
- If everything goes fine, your Xiaomi phone will be detected by the tool.
- Finally, hit “Unlock” button on the screen to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi phone.
That’s it. Now, wait until the process completes. This may take some around 2-3 minutes. Once done, Hit “Reboot” button to normally restart your Xiaomi device.
Bingo! Now, you have just been able to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi devices using Mi Flash Unlock Tool. If you are facing any problem or issue while unlocking bootloader, feel free to drop us a comment below.