Do you want to root your Android device using Magisk? Then, you’re in right place. Because this detailed guide is going to let you know how to install Magisk and Root Android phone using TWRP Recovery or by patching stock boot image. So, let’s move over the comprehensive guide below.
But, wait! Before we head deeper into the instructions to install magisk and root Android. Let’s take a quick look at What is Magisk and How does it work?
What is Magisk?
Magisk is an all-in-one root solution for Android devices which is developed by topjohnwu. Using magisk, a user can easily root Android phone in a very quick and efficient manner.
Using Magisk, you can not only root your phone, but even you will also be able to enjoy tons of other features like MagiskSU, Magisk Hide, and manage root permissions for the third-party apps, etc. The great part of magisk is that you can root Android and enjoy custom MODs while untouching and hampering with Google PlayServices and other major inbuilt features.
Magisk is known as a “systemless” root method because it does its job without touching system partition and boot partition. This is why Magisk is easy and safer than any other way of Android rooting.
How To Install Magisk And Root Android Devices
In this post, we will be covering two different ways using which you will be able to install Magisk on Android phone easily. These methods will be compatible with all the latest Android versions including Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Android Pie, and Oreo.
So, stay tuned with the paragraphs and get to know how to install magisk on Android.
Install Magisk Using TWRP Recovery
In this method, we will flash magisk zip using TWRP Recovery. So, before you dig into this method, make sure that you have the latest and working TWRP Recovery installed on your Android phone. If you have already installed TWRP Recovery, then follow the below steps:
- First of all, download Magisk Zip Latest Version using the button below.
- Once downloaded, transfer the .zip file to the easily accessible location on your phone.
- Here, you can use the Unique combination of your phone’s button or push the following ADB command while the device is connected through USB Cable to boot into TWRP Recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
- On the TWRP home screen, tap on the “Install” tab.
- Now navigate to the location where you transferred the
MagiskZip file in the Step-2.
- Once done, swipe the “Swipe to confirm flash” button which is just at the bottom of your Android screen to flash
magiskzip and install magiskframework on the device.
- This process may take some time. So, please wait until it finishes. Once it is done, tap on “Reboot System” button to reboot the phone’s OS. So that the changes to the device can take effect.
So, above was our quick shoot on How to Install Magisk On Android Using TWRP Recovery. Now, let’s find out how to install Magisk by patching Stock Boot Image.
Patch Stock Boot Image
This method works by patching the Stock Boot Image of your running firmware. So, you will need to have the Stock Boot .img file in order to install Magisk using this way. Once you have the Boot image proceed with the instructions below.
- Transfer the downloaded .img file to any location on your phone where you can later navigate it easily.
- Once done, download and Install Magisk Manager Apk on your Android Phone.
- Run the
- Tap on the “Install” > “Install” > “Select boot image file“.
- Now, you will need to navigate to the location of the .img file.
- Done with the
MagiskManager Apk part. Now, wait here until the process finishes and then move on to the next step below.
- Now, a patched boot image file automatically is saved to your phone’s storage. You can find the location of the file generated in the logs on the phone’s screen.
- Copy and paste the patched_boot.img to the ADB Folder on your desktop.
- Now, click anywhere on an empty space inside the ADB Folder and select “Open PowerShell Window Here” from the options.
- Make sure that your Android device is connected to the PC through the USB cable and USB debugging mode is enabled in your Android Developer’s Settings.
- Now boot the phone into the bootloader or
- Once you are in, type and enter the following command to flash
magiskboot image and root Android.
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- Finally, hit the below command to reboot the Android phone:
So, Now you have successfully been able to install Magisk by patching stock boot image. You can check the root confirmation by opening the Magisk Manager or any other root checker of your choice. You can now perform any superuser action on your Android device.
In case, if you would uninstall Magisk from your Android phone, then here is a detailed guide which will cover everything you need to know in order to uninstall magisk.
I hope this article helped you to install Magisk and Root Android device. But in case if you have any problem or query, then feel free to drop us a comment below. We will try to assist you as soon as possible.