Does it look like you are not happy with the latest MIUI Update? Don’t worry! Follow this simple guide to downgrade Xiaomi MIUI Devices easily.
Methods To Downgrade Xiaomi MIUI Devices
MIUI 9 is already rolled out in most of the Xiaomi smartphones. If you have also upgraded to MIUI 9, but not much satisfied, then you can follow this simple guide which will let you know how to downgrade Xiaomi devices.
This guide includes three different ways using which you can downgrade Xiaomi device from MIUI 9 to MIUI 8. So, take a look to all of them one by one right below.
Downgrade Xiaomi MIUI Devices Using Mi Flash Tool
- Download Mi Flash Tool and install it on your PC.
- Boot your Xiaomi device into Fastboot mode by holding Volume Down + Power button for couple of seconds.
- Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable.
- Now, download MIUI ROM for your xiaomi device and save it on your desktop.
- Then, copy the downloaded ROM file’s path.
- Launch Mi Flash tool and paste the copied path there.
- Now, click on “Refresh” and then click on “flash” button to flash MIUI Fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi device.
- That’s it. This may take some time. So, please wait untill the process completes.
Downgrade Xiaomi MIUI Devices Using TWRP Recovery
Note: Make sure you have installed the latest TWRP Recovery on your xiaomi device.
- Download MIUI Recovery ROM for your supported xiaomi device.
- Once downloaded, move it a easily accessible location on your phone.
- Boot the device into TWRP Recovery mode by holding Volume Up + Power Button simultaneously.
- Once the phone enters into Recovery Mode, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, go back to the TWRP homescreen and tap on “install“.
- Browse and select the ROM zip file that you downloaded in step-1.
- Swipe the “swipe to confirm flash” button to flash MIUI 8 ROM.
- Once done, hit “Reboot System” button.
Done. You have successfully been able to downgrade MIUI. In case if you have any issue related to the article, feel free to drop us a comment below.